NO EXCUSES


“I’ll start tomorrow”. “On Monday, since it is the beginning of the week I’ll go to the gym”. “Well, I’m going to wait until the first of February, that way I start the month like I should…”
Have we heard these types of excuses when it is related to make changes in our lives, such as be on a diet or go to the gym? There shouldn’t be excuses. I know that this is very easy to say, but if we keep postponing things that affect our emotional and physical health, we’re just lying to ourselves. And yes, I said that they affect our emotional health.
My excuses used to be: “I’m very tired and I don’t have energy”, “I’ve to help my friends doing this or that…”, “They need me, I can’t go today…”, until I touched bottom and I realized that if I didn’t help myself first, I couldn’t give to others and help them. I became a negative person; I gained weight, because somehow I allowed myself to eat more thinking… “Since I’m going to be on a diet soon”… or “because I’m going to start going to the gym next week”… Those were just excuses.
Now my goal is to MOVE everyday. This means… find the time to exercise between 30 minutes to some times 1 hour ½. Yes, it sounds crazy, but if you start little by little that 1 h. ½ will seem like nothing. I feel healthier, and I want to eat healthier. I just think about the benefits of exercising… better bone structure… preventing a future osteoporosis, better sleep at night, desire to do more things… clothes fitting better… I just want to be healthy. If I lose weight on the way… much better, but that is not my goal right now. I want to have energy, because with energy… you can conquer the world!
When I travel, I never forget my work out gear (I’ll do a post soon about it). You don’t need much… just a change of attitude and to say: There are no excuses. I’ll do it today!



“Mañana empiezo”. “Este lunes, como es el comienzo de la semana, me pongo a ello y voy al gimnasio”. “Sabes, creo que voy a empezar el 1 de Febrero, así me pongo al día desde comienzos del mes”.
¿Hemos escuchado alguna vez este tipo de excusas cuando alguien quiere ponerse a dieta o empezar a ir al gimnasio? Quizás todos nosotros de alguna manera hemos actuado así. No debería de haber excusas cuando decidimos hacer cambios que favorecen nuestra calidad de vida. Ya, es muy fácil decirlo. Pero en realidad cuando posponemos los cambios que van a afectar positivamente nuestra salud física y emocional, estamos mintiéndonos a nosotros mismos. Y sí, he dicho salud emocional, porque cuando cuidamos de nuestra dieta y hacemos ejercicio, nuestro estado anímico cambia para mejor.
Mis excusas solían ser “que estaba muy cansada para ir al gimnasio” o “que primero tenía que atender ciertos asuntos y ayudar a esta persona o la otra”. Y sí, estas eran excusas verídicas, pero me dí cuenta, cuando toqué fondo, que si no me cuidaba a mi misma primero, no iba a poder ayudar a nadie de ningún modo. Así que empecé poquito a poquito y mi meta ahora es MOVERME todos los días. Eso implica, hacer ejercicio; desde 30 minutos hasta 1 hora y media a veces al día. Y al principio me parecía una locura pensar que podría hacer ejercicio por tanto tiempo, pero si empiezas con equilibrio, todo es posible.
Solamente pensar en los beneficios del ejercicio me anima… Dormir mejor, más energía, prevenir la osteoporosis, la ropa sienta mejor, y uno está más sano, sólo por mencionar algunos. Si pierdo peso a medio camino, mejor que mejor, pero lo que quiero es estar sana y tener energía. Con energía, ¡todo es posible! Cuando viajo, no me olvido de mi ropa deportiva (haré un post prontito sobre esto). No hace falta mucho, sólo un cambio de actitud… y decir: Ya no hay excusas. ¡Empiezo hoy!






NO EXCUSES NO EXCUSES Reviewed by Unknown on 09.51 Rating: 5
Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.